The interest of the modern Civilized world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and gathering popularity due to its holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immune system.
Constructing a strong defense mechanisms is essential for that body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is actually a disease caused by uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any body parts. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your inclination towards various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
History of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is really a mushroom commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi meaning “herb from the spirit”. It had been an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors in the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
More than 2000 years Reishi Spore Powder has been by far the most cherished and sought after medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance to the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance of the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was fashionable as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has shown that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as a dietary supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms like Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in numerous recent research studies to become potent medicine to enhance and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds within them like polysaccharides which raise the activity from the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which can be vital to get rid of foreign cells(like cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published within the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 showed that Cistanche Extract clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a nutritional supplement for the alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Advantages of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the activity of antibodies
* increases the body’s effectiveness against stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a normal, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Tips to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the highest quality extract and has most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and better absorbed by body
* solid wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of Shiitake Mushroom Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the effectiveness of reishi lies in their polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, including extracts, dietary supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.